Sunday 2 August 2015

Day 25- Back to Tokyo

Early start this morning, caught a train at 7 to go to Tokyo.

I got back to my host family just after 11. It was so nice to see them again. I then went to meet my friend and his family for lunch. It was pretty hard to communicate because I didn't have wifi but we eventually met up.

When we got there, there was a festival going on. It was pretty cool, they were carrying this through the streets. People were throwing water on them to keep them cool.


We went to a restaurant where he cooked the food right at the table.


I think it was called Monjayaki.

It looked a little weird but it was delicious. We had 2 types, one with cabbage and fish roe.


The other was with meat, noodles and bean sprouts.

 

We also had Okonomiyaki. It was Osaka style, much better than the one I had yesterday, it had octopus, prawns and scallops in it. It was really tasty.


After, we drove to Ueno, apparently it is famous for shaved ice so we went to a restaurant to have some.

I had matcha green tea with condensed milk.


It was so good.

I got back to the house around 6 and planned my journey for tomorrow. Then the mum made me dinner, it was tuna with spring onion and rice. It was good, the mum is so nice.


I've eaten so much today.

I then packed up my souvenirs and got ready for tomorrow. Now I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment