Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day 27- Sapporo Beer Garden & Mt Moiwa

I arrived in Sapporo at 6am, nothing was open so I slept for a couple hours in the train station.

At 8, I put my luggage in a locker and headed for Odori park. When I got there, there seemed to be a beer festival being set up which I wasn't expecting.  On each block they had a beer garden for a different brand of beer. It was so cool.



I walked through the park till I got to the old courthouse.

 

I went into the garden and relaxed there for while.


I then walked back till I got to the TV tower, I decided not to go up because I'm going to get great views from Mt Moiwa anyway.


I then went to the botanical gardens, they were really beautiful.




Around lunch I went to the beer garden. I thought I'm in Sapporo, the home of beer in Japan, my Dad would be disappointed in me if I didn't have a beer in the Sapporo beer garden. I also ate lunch there.

 
Sapporo Beer, Yaki Soba, Squid in a yummy sauce

After lunch I headed back to Sapporo station to get my luggage, and then went to my hostel. I got so lost on my way to the hostel, but luckily a really nice man walked me there.

Around half 5, I went to Mt Moiwa. I wanted to see sunset from the top of the mountain and get night views.

It was beautiful.




I met a girl from Taiwan and hung out till it got dark. The night views were amazing, my camera couldn't capture it so here's a picture from google:


I then headed back to the hostel. On my way I went to find somewhere to eat, I was about to give up and get something from 7/11 when I found a tiny little restaurant.

The menu wasn't in English so the owner and the couple sat next to me ordered for me. They found it hilarious.

The couple were so lovely though , they barely spoke English but we managed to communicate. She offered me taste of everything she ate.


They also thought it would be funny to order Natto for me. It actually wasn't that bad, I probably wouldn't order it again but I was expecting worse.

Natto wrapped in egg

They also bought me a drink and a couple of dishes. The drink was so strong, when I got it, Yumi told me to take alternate sips with water.

I was pretty tipsy after.

All of the food was delicious.





After dinner, I headed back to the hostel. There were bunch of people playing Jenga so I joined for a while. We then all went to a pub. It was really fun.

I got back to the hostel around 2am, that's why I'm writing this today.

I leave tomorrow and it's quite late so I'll do todays post tomorrow.













































No comments:

Post a Comment