Tuesday 4 August 2015

Day 26- Back to Asakusa and off to Sapporo

I'm writing this on day 27 because I took an overnight train last night, so I didn't get a chance to do it.

I woke up a little stressed this morning because I wasn't sure how exactly I was getting to Sapporo in the evening. I also didn't know how much I would have to pay because it's an overnight journey. Some wanted up to £100 which I wasn't expecting. So I decided to go to a JR ticket office and just sort it through them.

I had absolutely nothing to be stressed about, it took 10 minutes to sort out and I didn't have to pay any extra. My JR pass was enough.

I then headed to Asakusa to do some souvenir shopping. Anna (who I met in Kyoto) recommended a shop behind the temple,  and it was brilliant. I got some great stuff for my family.

After Asakusa I headed to a supermarket to buy dinner for that evening and food to take back to England. I then went back to the house and attempted to pack everything. My bags are so full now.

At 5, I said bye to the family and left for the station. I'm really sad to leave the family, they were so lovely. Also it marks the end of my trip.

I took the Shinkansen to Aomori, then a regular train to Sapporo.

Just to give you an idea of how fast the Shinkansen is compared to a regular train. From Tokyo to Aomori it took 3 hours and from Aomori to Sapporo it took 7 hours.


I had 2 seats to myself most of the journey though so I managed to sleep through most of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment