Sunday 19 July 2015

Day 11- Fuji Q Highland

I woke up this morning to blue skies and sunshine, it was lovely. I was so relieved, it means all the rides worked at Fuji Q highland. I still can't see the top of Fuji but I think thats a lost cause.

I headed out to the theme park at about quarter past 8. It's really close, just 2 stops away, so I got there by opening time. It was already packed. I didn't realise before, but this weekend is a bank holiday weekend.

The first ride I went on was the one with 14 rotations. It was only a 45mins wait and it was amazing. There were so many seat-belts and harnesses though, I could barely move.



I then queued up for Fujiyama, this was a 2 hour wait but so worth it. It's probably the longest rollercoaster I've been on and it just kept getting better and better. At one point we were just ascending and it felt never-ending. It was so cool, I think we got to about 80m. This one felt a lot less secure because there was nothing on our shoulders, our whole upper body could move. That just added to the thrill though.


I then got some noodles and ate them in the queue for Takahashi. That's the one with the drop which is more than vertical (as in 121degrees). This one was my favourite. It was another 2 hour wait but I'd do it again. I didn't realise that there would be anything before the (more than) vertical drop, so that surprised me.

The last ride I went on was Dodonpa. This one accelerated to 172km/h in 1.8s. The queue for this was over 2 hours but I met an American family in the queue, the kids were really sweet and they helped pass the time.


The ride was incredible. It was so unbelievably fast, there was also a vertical drop in it which I wasn't expecting. My throat felt so dry afterwards. I guess I swallowed a lot of air.

It was about half 4 by the time I finished so I headed back to the station. On my way out of the station I heard some American voices, they seemed a little lost so I asked them where they were headed. It turned out they were headed for the hostel I'm staying at, so we walked there together.
We chilled out on the deck for a bit and then wondered to the supermarket to get dinner. They also bought food for climbing Mt Fuji tomorrow. I'm a little jealous, I wish I could go.

We bought some ramen and some sort of sweet and sour chicken and just shared it back at the hostel. Some more people have moved into my dorm and so we all hung out for a while. They're a great bunch. They were so shocked that I'm 17, it was quite amusing.

Now I'm just chilling by the window with Marsh-ree and Justina.

Off to Kyoto tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment