Thursday 30 July 2015

Day 22- Shikoku Mura




























 Early start today, arrived in Shikoku at around 10, after 2 and a half hours of travelling.

Shikoku Mura is in the 3rd island of Japan so it was pretty cool watching the train cross over.

When I got to the station it was a couple minutes by bus to get there. It was a long journey but so worth it. It was really beautiful.



Cool lizard with a blue tail

It was where old families had lived and there were various "factories" which produced sugar, soy sauce, etc.
Processes sugarcane 

Massive barrels for soy sauce


Old houses

The place was empty which was really nice, I didn't see any other tourists.

I went to the water gardens which were really beautiful.



I didn't realise how much I had walked till I got to the top around half 1. I had some amazing views.






I spent the whole day around Shikoku, it was so worth the journey.

When I got down, I went for a rather late lunch. The only place around was an udon noodle shop. It was really good.

I also had some sugarcane ice cream.


At the exit, there was what I think was supposed to be an English style restaurant. It was really funny, there was a telephone box and a mailbox outside.


I left for the train station just after 3, giving me 45 minutes to get to the station. I didn't know what time the buses ran so decided to walk, it was only supposed to be 10 minutes.

That is if you don't get horribly lost.

I ended up at a station, just not the one I was supposed to be at, it wasn't JR. Some school kids attempted to direct me but it really wasn't working. I continued to walk, at this point I was pretty stressed because I had to catch the sakura shinkansen. There wasn't another one covered on the JR pass for another 3 hours after that one.

After asking so many people where it was, I eventually arrived in the nick of time.

I got back to the hostel around half 6 and grabbed dinner from the local shop and chilled out in the common room for a while.

I met 2 girls from Alabama and we hung out for a while, then 2 girls from Australia joined and another 2 girls from France. It was a really good evening.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Nara. Off to bed now.







No comments:

Post a Comment