Friday 10 July 2015

Day 2- Yoyogi park, Harajuku & Shibuya


Great day today. Left the house at around 8:30 today to go to Yoyogi park. I went on an all female carriage on the train for the first time, it was very odd.


When I got to the park I saw a girl who was also travelling alone and so I introduced myself. Her name's Cassidy and she was really nice. We spent pretty much the whole day together.


So many barrels of Sake

The shrine was beautiful, it was a shame you couldn't take photos.


There seemed to be a wedding going on near the shrine, the traditional clothes they were all wearing were really pretty.


We walked around Yoyogi park for ages because it was really nice and in the shade. We met a guy called Ivan, he was going off to Akihabara so we added each other on Facebook and we might meet up another day.

Cassidy and I then walked to Harajuku where there were loads of really cool Japanese shops. It was surreal because they were playing disney music all along the streets. It was like we had walked into a Japanese anime. 
We then went to the Oriental bazaar where there were loads of really nice souvenirs. They were all horrendously expensive so I didn't buy anything, I think I'll wait till Asakusa to I buy souvenirs.

Around 12 we walked around and I was tempted by a green tea and cheesecake crepe. I didn't realise it was possible to have too much whipped cream until after eating that crepe. The green tea ice cream in the crepe was delicious though.



Afterwards, we continued walking around and eventually got to this beautiful park. There was a lovely lake with turtles and fish in it. We sat in the shade for a while and just relaxed. It was really nice.



After a while we walked to Shibuya. There was a food show on and so we wondered around trying a few free samples. We then went to see the statue of the remarkably loyal dog.



At around 16:30, we went to this really cool sushi restaurant. We ordered on a tablet and then the sushi came through a shoot and stopped right in front of us.

Fatty tuna on the left and flounder fin on the right.

These were both really tasty, the flounder had onions and mayonnaise on top, it was really good.

Clams and some other kind of fish.

The other kind of fish was crunchy which was a bit odd.

Tuna (I think)

We both then walked back to Shibuya station and parted ways at around 6. 

I went back to the centre of Shibuya and there was this random manm entertaining people on the street. It was odd because I don't think he even wanted money.


I stayed in Shibuya until night and saw it all lit up, it was really cool. I met some Aussie's who were good fun. I was just standing on the street and I heard them humming the Harry Potter soundtrack so I obviously introduced myself. We only talked for about 20mins as I really needed to head back home.


On my way, I stopped off and bought this for dinner, I wasn't too hungry because of the sushi we ate.


I got back to the house at around half 8, talked to my mum and now I'm going to sleep. I've got an early start tomorrow for Tsukiji fish market.

No comments:

Post a Comment