Friday 17 July 2015

Day 9- Off to Fujiyoshida

I'm quite sad to be leaving Nikko, the hostel has been amazing, the owner Scout is so nice and helpful. I could definitely have stayed here a couple more nights.

Anyway, I woke up around 7 and went for breakfast at 8. Scout made us cinnamon french toast with syrup and bacon. So good.



Scout drove me to the station for for 10 so that I could take the train to Fuji. Because of the typhoon my train route was cancelled, so it took 6 trains to actually get here.

Here is the journey I took:

JR Nikko to Utsunomiya
Utsunomiya to Omiya
Omiya to Shinjuku
Shinjuku to Tokao
Tokao to Otsuki
Otsuki to Gekkoji

The last train was Thomas the tank engine themed though so it was worth it :P



So I arrived at the hostel for 4pm, unfortunately it is too cloudy to see Fuji. The hostel is pretty much empty because lots of people have cancelled due to the typhoon. I have a 10 bed dorm to myself. I hope the weather is ok tomorrow so I can go up to 5th station. I want to go to Fuji Q highland on Sunday so I hope the rain lets up.





No comments:

Post a Comment