Wednesday 29 July 2015

Day 21- Shitennoji temple & Osaka castle

Really lazy start this morning, in my defence I only had 2 things to do today.

Anyway, I got to the temple around 11. It was really nice to see a temple where people were actually praying. There was a service going on when I got there so I couldn't go inside.




I did however get to go inside the pagoda. There were so many steps up to the top, but it was lovely. Unfortunately there were bars on the windows at the top, so I didn't get any good photos.



I explored for a while before getting something to eat.

First I was given what I think was kimchi.


I then had noodles with beef, I've managed to avoid rice and noodles for a while now so I was actually craving it.

I was also given some greens and some bean sprouts. These were so good, the bean sprouts were marinaded in something really tasty.


After lunch, I headed for the castle. It was really beautiful but the inside was so modern. It was like a museum. There were beautiful views from the top.




I walked down slowly, looking at all the exhibitions. The history was really interesting and it linked to what happened in Nijo castle in Kyoto.



I left the castle around 4 and took a detour back to the station. It was really beautiful.


When I got back to the hostel I met 2 french girls, we hung out for a while then they headed off to Dotonbori, I didn't fancy going because I've got an early start tomorrow. Instead I walked around to find somewhere to eat.

I had tonkatsu and udon noodle. When I ordered it I thought it was just cabbage underneath, turns out it was mainly rice. How can they eat rice and noodles in one meal??? Needless to say, I did not finish it.



I'm going to bed now, early start tomorrow.































No comments:

Post a Comment