Tuesday 28 July 2015

Day 20- Osaka: Aquarium & Dotonbori

Early start this morning. My train to Osaka was 10 past 7, but it was 2 and a half hours so I slept on the train.

I got to Osaka around 10 and shoved my luggage in a locker before heading to the aquarium.

Before I went in I had lunch, it was a bit early but I was really hungry. I had chicken wings in a teriyaki sauce. It was really good.


I then went to the aquarium. I didn't know what to expect from it but it was actually pretty cool.






There was a seal upside down just staring at me for ages, it was so weird.


I also got to see a dolphin have a sonogram, it was cool but I couldn't take photos because there were so many people.



 

There was a small tank where you could pet a shark, it was so strange. They had really rough backs.


After, I went to a nearby shopping centre and had a wonder round. They had a petting zoo inside the centre.


I left to go back to the hostel around half 3. I thought I would be clever and take a different route back which would use just my JR pass, but it all went horribly wrong. I managed to get on the wrong train and ended up heading in the direction of Nara. About 20 minutes in, when the scenery started to drastically change (as in, I was in the mountains), I decided to ask someone. She was so nice and basically put me on the train.

I got back to Osaka station around 5 and picked up my luggage. This was surprisingly difficult because there were so many lockers. I eventually got my luggage and got to my hostel to check in.

I relaxed in the hostel for a while before heading off to Dotonbori around 7. I met some fellow Brits whilst I was there and we hung out for a while.



Eventually we got hungry but I decided to part ways with them at this point. 2 of them were vegetarians and it sounded like they wanted to eat something western. Definitely not what I fancied.

I found a tiny little restaurant on side street and decided to eat there.

The first thing I saw on the menu was heart, it didn't specify which animal the heart came from, the translation was just heart.

Intrigued, because I've never had heart before, I ordered it.


It was amazing. It was lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, and was so tender. So good. I'm tempted to go back again and just order lots of variations of heart.

I also ordered sardines stuffed with fish roe and prawns with roe mayonnaise. They were also really nice.



After dinner it was pretty late, so I headed back to the hostel. Now I'm off to get ready for bed.


































No comments:

Post a Comment