Tuesday 14 July 2015

Day 6- Gyotoku food festival


Really lazy day today. I've done everything I want to do in Tokyo now, so I woke up at around 9am and started planning for Nikko. I found out that I can't be picked up from Nikko station till 4pm so it's going to be a pretty lazy start tomorrow as well.

At 12:30 I got ready to go out to get something to eat, but then the mum offered to make me lunch. It was noodles with egg and crab sticks. The odd thing is that it was served on a bed of ice, I was grateful for that though because it was so warm in the house.


The challenging thing was trying to dip the noodles into the sauce and then take a bite. It was really tasty though.

I then went back to my room to pack. At around 3 I had a nap, it was only supposed to be only for an hour but it ended up being for 3. Oops.

At 6pm I headed out because there is a festival in Gyotoku that the family told me about. It was so busy. There was so much food.


First I had some squid. It was covered in some sort of sauce. I don't know what it was but it was good.


I walked around for a bit, I think it was actually some sort of religious festival, there were people queuing up to pray.

Snow cone- Grape, yellow and blue

I then had some okonomiyaki. In the queue a random Japanese man bought me a cucumber on a stick. I'm not sure why. It was soaked in something salty.



I sat down to eat my okonomiyaki and there was a little girl with her dad sitting next to me. She was so cute and I tried saying hi but she just stared at me. I talked with the dad for a bit and then they went home.

After eating I met up with Dave and his friends (who I met a few days ago, on my way to Tsukiji market). Even though the main festival was over, there was an after party in the nearby park. There were fireworks, it was awesome.

I stayed  till about 11pm, then Dave and I walked back to the train station. I got home at about half 11.

It's quite late so now I'm going to bed. I'm excited to start moving around from city to city tomorrow. Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment