Thursday 23 July 2015

Day 15- Fushimi Inari Taisha, Gion (sort of) & back to Nishiki

An easy start this morning, Anna and I got to Inari at around 11am. It was forecast to rain all day today but it actually wasn't that bad so we decided to do the full route.

The temple was beautiful, quite different to the other ones I've seen.


We started the "trek" at about half 11, initially we took quite a few detours because it was just so amazing.


We got back on route around 12, there were quite a lot of steps and it was a little slippery but so worth it.






We finished the trek around half 1 and headed back to Nishiki market, we walked past Gion but decided to go straight to the market to get something eat.

I had to get another octopus, it was just so delicious.


We also had Takoyaki.


It wasn't very traditional though, there was cheese on it. Still good.

I also had a drink made out of a citrus fruit called Yuzu, it was so nice. It turns out that is the flavour of Fanta I've been drinking. It's so good.

After eating, we went to buy a Kimono. It was really cheap, only £20.

I then considered going back to Gion to have a look around. I had seen pictures and it was pretty similar to a lot of the things I've seen already, and quite frankly, I was pretty tired because of the morning, so we decided to go back to the hostel.

It turned out we were only a 10 minute walk from the hostel, we had managed to loop round from the hostel.

I hung out for a while in the common room and talked to a Japanese girl who grew up in New Zealand (Holly). She was really lovely and recommended an Okonomiyaki place nearby. She went to teach English at a school shortly after.

Around half 7, Anna and I headed to the Okonomiyaki place and another Spanish girl joined us. On our way, we ran into Holly so she joined us as well.

We had Okonomiyaki (obviously) and Yaki Soba. It was all delicious. They cooked everything at the table which was very cool.



On our way back, we stopped of at a 7/11 to get some drinks. We also bought some ice lollies. I had a watermelon one, it was in the shape of a watermelon slice and even had pieces of chocolate in it as the seeds. I was very excited.


We stayed in the common room for a while before saying our goodbyes. I've met a great bunch of people at this hostel and am quite sad to say bye.

I'm just over the halfway mark now which sucks because I'm not going to want to leave in 2 weeks :(

But Hiroshima tomorrow which I'm really excited for. For now, I'm off to bed.

























No comments:

Post a Comment