Sunday 12 July 2015

Day 4- Hibiya, Tokyo tower, Roppongi, Shinjuku & Tokyo night views


Relaxing start this morning, left the house at 9 for Hibiya park. As soon as I got there I could hear drumming so I immediately followed the sound and ended up in an African heritage festival. 





I walked around for a bit but it was so hot, I decided to find some shade to sit in. The whole park was wonderful and there were people dancing there which was awesome.



After Hibiya, I went to Tokyo tower and Zojoji temple. There was a service going on so unfortunately I couldn't take pictures of the inside.



Tokyo tower

I decided not to go up Tokyo tower, instead I'm going up the Tokyo metropolitan government building.  There was a stream near Tokyo tower and it was in the shade, so I decided to sit there for a while. It was really serene.



I then headed over to Roppongi hills around 2pm for the Hard Rock cafe. On my way back I stopped off at 7/11 for a drink. I got what I thought was Kiwi juice but turned out to be kiwi flavoured frozen yoghurt. It was really refreshing.


Then I went to Shinjuku for the national garden. On my way, I stopped off for some Katsu curry because it was around 3pm and I was quite hungry. It was delicious.




The park was lovely, there loads of families there, I think I looked a bit out of place. Oh well.
I found a nice place to sit under a tree, I stayed there until about 5pm, when it closed. It was so relaxing.


After I was kicked out of the park because it was closing, I went to Shibuya. For some reason I had convinced myself that the Tokyo metropolitan building was there. On my way to Shibuya I did get a bit lost. I got on a train which ended up terminating after 1 stop, so I ended up in Tochomae. Little did I know that this is actually where the metropolitan building is.

So after a completely oblivious me walking around the station looking very confused, a Japanese man came over to help me. Of course the genius that I am, I asked him how to get to Shibuya not the metropolitan building. So at about 6pm, I got to Shibuya. I wondered round for a bit looking for this building, eventually I gave up and went to find help.

After I finding out I had to go back to Tochomae, I had a little giggle at myself and headed back to Tochomae.

After 2 hours travelling, I eventually got there.

Tokyo metropolitan building.

It was so worth it though, I got there just in time for sunset (around 7pm). It was hard to capture just how amazing the view was.




I met a french lady and we talked until it got dark. It was really cool because in the distance we could see fireworks. I couldn't capture them on camera though


Around 8, I headed home arriving just past 9. The mum gave me some watermelon which was really nice. I had a chat with my Dad, now I'm going to bed. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Asimo robot tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment