Friday 24 July 2015

Day 16- Off to Hiroshima

Early start today, 6:30. I literally had to drag myself out of bed because I went to bed at half 12.

My train was at 8, direct to Hiroshima, YAY! First direct train, so far I've had to change at least twice.

I got to Hiroshima around 10 and dropped my luggage at the hostel. I then headed straight for the memorial peace museum. The monuments were beautiful but it was really sad reading about the history.





In the actual museum they had remains of clothing from school children who had died during the bombing of Hiroshima. It was quite upsetting but I think it's really important thing for people to be aware of.


After the museum I walked to Hiroshima castle. It was really hot by this time so I looked around quite quickly.




It was really beautiful but I was quite tired from the walking I've done over the past couple days so I headed back to the hostel quite soon. On my way I stopped for a rather late lunch. I found this tiny little restaurant where no one spoke English. It made ordering quite interesting. I heard pork and ginger which sounded good enough for me so I went with that. It was so tasty, quite different to everything else I've eaten here. It reminded me more of the kind of food I ate in China. It also came with cold tofu which I discovered is a lot nicer than hot tofu, especially when drenched in soy sauce.



I got back to the hostel just around 4 and just relaxed for a while. It's been a busy past few days with some very late nights so I'm happy to have a quiet night in tonight.


Around half 8 I went to get something light to eat, I found another quiet little restaurant where no one spoke English. The only thing I could understand was Okonomiyaki so I went for that again, so it ended up not being quite so light. Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki is different to the one I had yesterday. This was like a pancake with cabbage, noodles, bacon, fish and other stuff inside. It was so good, but the portion was huge. I powered through 2 thirds before giving up.

It was so delicious though, I prefer Hiroshima style Okonimiyaki, there were more veggies in it.



Now I'm just relaxing in the hostel, I think I'll have an early night tonight and catch up on some sleep.  So bye for now.















No comments:

Post a Comment