Saturday 18 July 2015

Day 10- Views of Mt Fuji & shrines

Today the buses weren't running to 5th station so it looks like I'm not going to be able to get there on this trip. I figured if the buses aren't willing to go up there, I probably shouldn't try and walk up there, it's probably too dangerous because of the Typhoon.

I also didn't want to go to the theme park today because if it's raining, the biggest rides won't be open.

So I talked to a guy who works at the hostel and he recommended walking to some of the shrines. I'm glad I did because I got pretty good views of Fuji, even though the top was covered by clouds.

I woke up at half 4 in order to catch the sunrise, it was too cloudy though, I couldn't see much. I think I'll try again tomorrow. I went back to sleep soon after.


I woke up again around 9 and left the hostel around 10 to go to some shrines. On my way I stopped of in a cute, little park with a pond, it was really pretty. At this point I regretted not going to Fuji Q highland because the weather was fine, it was just a little windy.



Anyway, I continued on to the shrines. They were all really beautiful, the architecture here is really nice.





I got hungry around 1pm so I found a 7/11 and got something to eat.


I had seen these everywhere so I thought I might as well try it. It was alright, there was a lot of rice though.

I also had something on a skewer. I think it was chicken.


It was great eating lunch with Mt Fuji as the view.


I then continued to wonder around. I just walked towards Mt Fuji in order to get a good view.





At around half 3, I returned to the hostel. I have a decent view of Mt Fuji from the hostel so I just chilled out there for a bit.

I needed to run a wash so I walked back to 7/11 at around half 4 to get some detergent. I also looked around for somewhere to eat.

There's a place opposite so I walked there to eat. I had the tempura meal, there was so much food, I couldn't finish it all.



I don't know what part of the animal this was but I just didn't think about it and it tasted good.

I hope the weather is good tomorrow so that I can go to Fuji Q. For now, I'm off to bed






















No comments:

Post a Comment