Wednesday 15 July 2015

Day 7- Off to Nikko

Woke up at around 9am and went upstairs to see the family. The mum had invited me to have breakfast with her and her daughter. 

She made salmon with miso soup, broccoli and sweetcorn. We also had melon and tropical fruit yoghurt.


The mum gave a hello kitty present and also one for my sister, Isha. She's so lovely, I was a little sad to leave but I'm really excited to start city hopping.

I left the house at 12 to go to Tokyo station. It was so easy getting my JR pass and there was a cash point there. Overall it was a really smooth journey to Nikko.

When I got to Nikko, Scout, the hostel owner, picked me up from the station. He's really friendly and remembers my sister going there, he said it feels like deja vu.

As soon as I got to the hostel I went swimming in the river nearby. It was so beautiful, if a little cold.


I then met some of the other guys staying in the hostel and we went to get dinner at a local family restaurant.

I had tempura prawns in noodle soup, it was delicious. Everyone is really nice. There is a family from Holland, a chinese guy and an american girl.


When we got back to the hostel, we played irish snap for ages which was great. Later on we were joined by a Canadian guy and a British guy. We continued playing cards for ages and eventually retired to the common room.

Still in the common room, might go to sleep soon. It's been a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment