Friday 17 July 2015

Day 8- Kegon falls & Kannon-Ji temple

So I'm actually writing this a day late because I had a really late night last night.

I woke up around 7:30 only to see that it was chucking it down. Scout, the owner, made us all a really delicious breakfast of blueberry pancakes with syrup and bacon and eggs.



It was amazing. I was really grateful to have something that wasn't Japanese.

After breakfast Scout helped me plan my day, in order to get the most out of my 1 day here, and considering the fact that it was raining cats and dogs. 3 other people were also doing the same thing as me which was awesome, so we all spent the day together. We were also able to buy bus passes of the Dutch family who left today which was great.

Scout drove us to the station and we hopped on a bus to Kegon Falls. We met an Austrailian couple on the bus, they were just planning on riding the bus all day, but instead they joined us.

When we got off the bus, the rain let up for a bit. It meant we got really amazing views of the waterfall. Kegon falls was beautiful!



 We then walked to Kannon-Ji temple and it decided to start raining again. It was still stunning. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take photos inside but everything was so intricate.


We got really cool views from the top of the temple.

                                      

                                      

We walked back to the bus stop and went past the red bridge, the water was an amazing colour.

                                      

The Australian women said that I sounded like Hermione Granger. That made me laugh because my accent is nowhere near that posh. The Canadian guy said it as well, it's probably the only English accent they hear.

We then walked to the bus stop to go closer the onsens (hot springs), the Aussie's left us there. When I got off the bus, I realised I left my camera on there. Luckily the the people I was with were really nice and so we waited for the bus to come back around. We went for a little walk but it was raining too much so instead we waited under a gazebo.

I was so relieved when I got the camera back, they suggested we take a celebratory selfie.

                                   

After that excitement, we decided to catch the bus to an Onsen. It was a 2 and a half hike and none of us felt like doing that in the rain.

You're not allowed to wear a swimming costume in the onsen, to keep it clean so men and women were separated. It was a still a little odd going in with a girl I met the day before. Once we were in, it was fine.

The water was so hot, we had to turn the cold water on so that we could actually sit in it. Once it cooled down slightly it was amazing. It was outdoors so I had the cold rain falling on me which meant I kept cool. It was so relaxing.

After about half an hour, the girl I was with got out because she was too hot. I stayed in for another 45 minutes.

At about quarter past 5 we caught a bus back to the station where Scout picked us up. It was about a 1 hour drive but the scenery was gorgeous.

After Scout picked us up, he took us to the supermarket to buy booze for the evening. When we got back to the hostel we all sat outside and Scout made us pizza. The pizza was so delicious, possibly the best pizza I've ever had. He grows some of the vegetables he uses on site, which is so cool.


We stayed outside just chatting for ages. When Scout connected my music to the speakers, he was appalled at how old my operating system was so he insisted on updating it, he did the same to my laptop. It was quite amusing, there so many different passwords required, it took so long.

Eventually we went to bed, I was shattered. It was such a great night though. 








No comments:

Post a Comment