Sunday 26 July 2015

Day 18- Off to Kitakyushu

Easy start today, direct train to Kokura in Kitakyushu. I arrived around 12 but it took me so long to find the hostel. It was so hidden, I must have walked past the hostel 3 or 4 times. In the end I asked someone and they very kindly walked me there.

I hung out in the hostel and planned what I'm going to do tomorrow. I then went to a nearby market just explore. The architecture here is really beautiful, it sort of reminds me of London.


In the market there was a Christmas tree, it was ridiculous.




Around dinner time I went to a Yaki Tori restaurant recommended by a guy who works in the hostel, no one spoke English and the menu also wasn't in English, but a lovely waitress just said she'd bring me stuff. That sounded great to me.


First I had asparagus and mushrooms in some kind of sauce, it was really good.

She then brought me some Yaki Tori which was delicious.


She also bought me a salad which wasn't what I expected. As soon as I took a bite, I realised how much I missed fresh veggies. They have cabbage and a lot of pickled vegetables but that's about it.

On my way back, I got some tea with tapioca balls in in. In the hostel I met some Japanese girls, they didn't speak much English but they were really friendly. There reaction when I told them I was 17 was hilarious, they had a whole conversation about it in Japanese. They kept saying Sugoi (which means wow).

I then talked to my Sister for a while and now I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment